SPoTY 2013
27-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Christmas is obviously just around the corner as the BBC have announced the runners and riders in this year's Sports Personality awards.

They are

Mo Farah
Christine Ohuruogu
Hannah Cockcroft
Andy Murray
Sir Ben Ainslie
AP McCoy
Leigh Halfpenny
Chris Froome
Justin Rose
Ian Bell

As the cyclist, golfist and cricketist have no noticeable personality to begin I think we can probably rule them out straight away.

The rugbyist and the dinghyist would appeal to a small section of fans, imo.

The two lady athleteists will no doubt be overlooked.

So my money is on Mo, AP or the Scottish tennis player Thup
"You've got a lot of talent, but you fail to see,
You paid for yours, I got mine for free"
27-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Got to be Andy Murray hasn't it?

Mo in 2nd.

AP winning would be a bit like Giggs a few years ago. It's more lifetime achievement territory than having anything particularly outstanding this year. I hope he doesn't win it.

Froome's achievements are overshadowed by Wiggins last year really. Didn't achieve as much and is nowhere near as popular.
27-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Well, AP did achieve the not insignificant feat of riding 4000 winners this year. But you're right, he won a couple of years ago so I can't see him winning it again.
"You've got a lot of talent, but you fail to see,
You paid for yours, I got mine for free"
27-11-2013, 11:30 AM
Andy Murray has to be a shoe in, before the knighthood in the New Year Honours list. The LTA has wasted millions on 'developing' young players in this country and this guy has managed to secure the Wimbledon title from despite the LTA.

Mo Farah's achievements would have, in any other year, secured SPOTY but winning Wimbledon for the first time in three generations will eclipse that.

Justin Rose for third btw
16-12-2013, 01:47 PM
17-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Hard to believe Mo Farah failed to make the top 3 again.

He should have been a shoe-in for 2nd place imo.
17-12-2013, 09:00 AM
I thought the P stood for personality
ΙΧΘΥΣ

Currently Managing:
CF Reus Deportiu