FM Graphics Reinvigoration Brainstorming Thread
07-06-2014, 04:25 PM
This are of the site has gone quiet from what used to be an area that seemed like good fun! What I would like to do is start up an exchange of ideas for things we can do to light a fire on this part of the forum again. Here are some of my ideas to get us going again!

1. Restarting the Kit Making League
2. Custom Logo League (for those of us that don't mind a little rebranding along the way)
3. Kit and Logo Pack Review Section

Anyone else for some ideas?
07-06-2014, 05:21 PM
I'd be willing to try my hand at the leagues if you guys got them going again.
[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
07-06-2014, 08:12 PM
I like the idea of the KML being restarted, but the main thing that got that area going was requests. The more people request the more the thread gets used.

Mille isn't as regular as he was but I presume he would still be into kit making. I don't have photoshop on my current laptop so I'd be out of the equation.

On a selfish level, I'd like to see kits made with photoshop or something else similar to some degree, although I know people don't want to/have time to use it and that's fine too. I say this because, shirt designer was an awesome addition which helped a lot of people add to the graphics without the complications of photoshop. However, my fear with only using his is the homogeneity of the designs after a while. With photoshop being 100% customisable the limit is the imagination.

Kits and logo packs are something that have been done on a small and niche scale here, but the bigger packs come from other sites. I'm all for sharing good finds between fellow members, but using us as a way of redirecting to these other sites isn't really something I'd be keen on. I'm not sure of the need for such a section.

In terms of the custom logos, that could be fun. People have had a lot of fun using various global or local logos to add a twist to their kits. Have you been through the thread? What do you think were the strengths/ weaknesses of it? What do others think of that thread and hat it used to be?

Thup for bringing a new energy to this, as a site we need people to keep reinventing and refreshing to keep things relevant and avoid stagnation.
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
07-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Perhaps we could have an instructions thread for the over 50s, explaining how to add kits to game Wink
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
07-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Step 1: Don't go there Mrgreen
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
07-06-2014, 08:29 PM
William you are approaching 50 to, so don't yank the old phart. Mrgreen
(29-05-2014, 07:27 AM)keefa Wrote: Mile + pot = Very happy Mile

07-06-2014, 08:41 PM
While I do use smart shirt to finish off my kits for good textural overlays and image merging (as it makes that very easy) it is actually quite easy to make your own template designs for use in the program. For this I use an old paint shop program. I understand the desire to generate unique kits, not the mundane!
08-06-2014, 03:27 AM
Logo Example (from current save)

Darfo in Italy. This club resides in current Serie D, but became playable in the course of my FM14 save. Here is what their actual logo looks like:

Now I went ahead and did some research, and came up with the cities coat of arms, along with a shield template and some basic paint shop tools and turned this out:

Now I'm not going to say mine is great, but I do at least feel like I have improved on the current one...
08-06-2014, 11:17 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014, 11:17 AM by Soulfusion.)
(07-06-2014, 08:24 PM)ken66 Wrote: Perhaps we could have an instructions thread for the over 50s, explaining how to add kits to game Wink

Now I wonder who this could possibly be a reference to Mrgreen

But seriously An Idiots Guide To Adding Graphic Content into your game might be a good addition Whistle
08-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Mrgreen
Trying to build a successful team, Berwick by Berwick
13-01-2017, 03:33 AM
I can help with kit requests, if there's any coming in.