The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 461 pluginSystem->run_hooks
Warning [2] Illegal string offset 'birthday' - Line: 105 - File: inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php PHP 7.2.22 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/imagebirthday.php 105 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 142 imagebirthday_profile
/showthread.php 1595 pluginSystem->run_hooks

The Official  What would you do?
23-09-2014, 11:48 AM

No poll but feel free to discuss, aeroplane around in a big celebration, go low key or get splinters up your bottom sitting on the fence.

Personally, it would depend. If I left the club on good terms and respected my former team mates and the management, muted would be respectful thing to do. If I had left the club on bad term, eg if they had gotten rid of me because they thought I was not good enough or past it, then it would be a nice celebration to remind them of the fact that I could have score that goal for them not the opposition.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

23-09-2014, 11:52 AM
If I left the club on bad terms I'd do exactly what Adebayor did, and finish up with a knee slide in front of them.
23-09-2014, 12:12 PM
What JD said.

Full of respect for the club, then don't celebrate or just give a hand up to the fans. If you think that club is just like any other, celebrate as normal. If you hated the club, do an Adebayor!
Currently managing: CS Concordia Chiajna, Romanian Liga I
23-09-2014, 01:04 PM
As much as I know players want to show respect to a "loved" former club, they should fricking well respect the club that's currently paying their wages and celebrate properly.
23-09-2014, 07:38 PM

And get yourself banned, very clever. Personally I think a lot of these goal celebrations are overdone. Strikers are paid to score goals, does anybody else run around celebrating when they have done their job properly.
24-09-2014, 02:19 AM
So that's why I'm getting weird looks at the office...
24-09-2014, 06:37 PM
I mean old Mick brings up a valuable point: where do your loyalties lie and are you not excited to have helped your current club win a match? But at the same time, I think it depends greatly on so many factors. For Lampard, he's been Chelsea for what seems like forever and he's not exactly in the prime of his career so I don't think anyone would fault him for still holding a place in his heart for the Blues even as they're playing against his current club. On the other hand, if you're a 20-something starting XI type player who has been transferred, then your full allegiances are expected at your new club. So yeah, if you're fully aligned to your new club then give it large, I guess.
24-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Lampard scoring against Chelsea. Fine
Dennis Law when he relegated United. Fine.
Fabregas if scores against Arsenal. Fine.

It should be that sort of occassion. A player who is playing against a club who is truly a part of them.

Even if you've left on good terms, but were only at the other club for 5 minutes (Lukaku not celebrating vs West Brom is a good example), if you don't celebrate it just devalues the whole thing.

It should be a mark of respect from someone who holds the club as being closest to his heart of everyone he played for, otherwise it just cheapens it.

Everyone knows Lampard didn't choose to leave Chelsea. Had they chosen to keep him he'd still be there. He looked genuinely stunned when he scored and it was right that he didn't celebrate.