Video Games Don Bradman Cricket
12-02-2015, 01:39 PM
Ha yeah, I had a match reduced by rain to 16 overs a side, but ended up playing for 19 overs instead. It pissed me off because I got out in the 19th over going for some big runs! Mrgreen
13-02-2015, 11:54 PM
Just scored 67 from 19 balls against Rajasthan Royals, included 28 from one Shane Watson over. I did enjoy that Mrgreen
16-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Bloody Bradman. Mad

I can't bat properly. I just get out continually to easy flippin' strokes. I got bowled by a spinner playing all around a leg break with a defensive shot. I toil away in the bowling, and the 4 day version has a ton of bowling. I'm taking 3-5 wickets per innings, and even took 7 for under 50 in one game. It's just not as cool as batting! I Bowl for 30 minutes none stop, then bat for 3 seconds!!!!

Mad
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
16-02-2015, 11:30 AM
Get better.

If it makes you feel any better, we've all been there! I still only have two fifties to my name.

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
16-02-2015, 11:51 AM
Believe me there were times when my controller nearly went flying towards my tv screen, and the disk nearly came out of the PS3 and got snapped! Stick with it, and try to focus on earning XP, they really, really help you get better!

I'm still searching for that elusive ton, but as my XP is growing, I am finding I can play shots a lot easier now. Things like playing three defensive shots in one over got me going as I just blocked the shit out of everything in the 4 day game so I could get some points Mrgreen
17-02-2015, 09:43 AM
Are batting and bowling XP applied differently? I get shed loads of XP for maidens etc.
100 years from now, it will not matter what kind of car I drove, what kind of house I lived in, how much money I had in my bank account, nor what my clothes looked like; but the world may be a little better because I was important in the life of a child.
17-02-2015, 10:32 AM
That's a good question, I don't get any for bowling as I'm not an all rounder...
17-02-2015, 12:13 PM
Yes. As far as I can tell...

Career XP is rewarded for wickets and maidens - shorter forms of the game get more weighting to their maidens of course, and skill points earned for wicket-taking deliveries and low-scoring overs featuring a predominate delivery (i.e. I would get +4 off cutter skill for an off cutter that bowls a batsman or I might just get +1 off cutter skill if they take 1 or 2 off my over featuring a few off cutters)

In-game XP is earned as you would expect; taking a c&b, taking a five-for, getting a number of batters caught behind etc.

17-02-2015, 12:39 PM
Actually speaking of career points, I just bagged 1500 of them for man of the match honours (drawn match but a 7-for in the second innings nearly won us the game) so yeah those help too Mrgreen

17-02-2015, 02:42 PM
Yeah, the career points are the ones that I was talking about. You get 5 of those for every over you play three defensive shots in, sweep a spinner twice in an over, or run three runs off a delivery (amongst others). As I have built my career level up I've found batting getting easier.

Good work on the 7-for mate Thup
17-02-2015, 03:02 PM
I've just tried and tried and tried to concentrate. I can whip leg side shots away pretty well. As soon as I pressed the aggressive button, it all went wrong and I top edged to long leg :arghhh:
17-02-2015, 03:11 PM
Just like real life when you're starting out Smile

17-02-2015, 11:02 PM
WOOHOO!!!! I just scored my first ton on Bradman Cricket 14 Celebrate
17-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Thup
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

17-02-2015, 11:49 PM
Then played my first international matches in the T20 format. Scored my first international 50 in my third match. Saeed Ajmal is different gravy, though. I had to adapt my plans to face him after he made me look stupid in my first game Mrgreen
18-02-2015, 09:04 AM
I set out to defend and be picky about my shots, really studious for my next 4 day county game. I got a pair.
18-02-2015, 09:18 AM
Doesn't this game warrant its own thread? The majority of the last couple of hundred posts in here must be cricket related.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
18-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Seeing as the other games thread seems to have been ultra-hijacked by this awesome game, here is a shiny new thread all of its own! 

I still can't bat though  Fit
18-02-2015, 09:42 AM
TBF you're spot on there JP

So Wizard Mrgreen
18-02-2015, 10:47 AM
I still dont own the game but looks like its a must buy given the way you all are talking about it!