How long does it take you to complete a season?
20-04-2015, 02:46 PM
It always seems it takes me forever to complete a season nowadays. "Back in the day" I could push through a season in a day, but now I'm glad if I can get 10 matches done in a week. With the introduction of the graphics (first 2D, later 3D) playing a match seems to take considerably longer. And there also seems to be a lot more going on between the matches with the press conferences, nagging players, staff meetings, etc. When taking over a new team (new save, or just moving on), that's quite some time gone setting everything up as well.

Preferring to play in the English leagues doesn't help much either, the amount of matches needed to complete a season adds a considerable amount of time. Makes me wonder if I should try some different leagues in my next save.

Trying to find time to play isn't easy either, with most of the time being spent on work, social life (mostly spent with the misses) and other hobbies.

If I get a season done in a month, I must've had quite some spare time. For me usually it'll be closer to two months to get a season completed. Shrug

Still enjoy the game a lot though! Thup
20-04-2015, 02:56 PM
Old, text-based versions I could get through a season in a day easily.

More recently, when I had a fair bit of free time it was a season every week or so depending on the league I was playing in and potential continental competitions.

Now it depends, largely because I don't have the time to play the game as often. Anything between a week and a month.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
20-04-2015, 03:01 PM
If I have a few days off work/a weekend with fuck all planned I can get through in a total of about 4 days-ish. It usually takes me a week or so though otherwise, sometimes longer if I'm doing shit and I have no motivation to get back onto it quickly.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
21-04-2015, 01:54 AM
BSS/BSN season with cup fixtures usually takes me about one-two months of real-life time to complete a season. Have not had the time lately to fire up FM14 with work, family and other hobbies taking up my time.
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
21-04-2015, 02:18 AM
One to three months depending on how much else I've got going on and how burnt out I am on the game at the time. I suspect that the last few seasons in my current save have run at a bit faster pace, I'll have to check the time between updates and see.
21-04-2015, 09:22 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who needs quite a bit of real-life time. JD was making me feel like a slacker. Eek
21-04-2015, 09:33 AM
It does help if you spend half the season unemployed though Wolve.. Whistle
21-04-2015, 09:59 AM
Mrgreen
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

21-04-2015, 10:59 AM
365 days.
21-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Wonder if the guy who played in real time ever completed a season?
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
21-04-2015, 11:56 AM
(21-04-2015, 09:33 AM)Soulfusion Wrote: It does help if you spend half the season unemployed though Wolve.. Whistle

Fishing
21-04-2015, 06:31 PM
(21-04-2015, 02:18 AM)Scratchmonkey Wrote: One to three months depending on how much else I've got going on and how burnt out I am on the game at the time. I suspect that the last few seasons in my current save have run at a bit faster pace, I'll have to check the time between updates and see.

Last update was apparently 8 days, so I'm capable of getting through a season quite fast if the mood strikes.
21-04-2015, 06:54 PM
It's been that long since I've played FM I can't remember how long it takes me. I load it up, press continue and then lose all motivation to carry on.
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

09-03-2016, 01:04 AM
Over a week, even when I feel like I'm at it hard.

I have found in FM16 that the 'Key' highlights drag on quite a lot longer with quite a lot of nonsense at the beginning (or entirety) sometimes. I recently moved back to a 2D general view with 3D goal replays.
10-03-2016, 01:34 AM
Err... 6 years?

Coat