FM16
29-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Loaded it up for the first time in ages last night. Had great fun.

I installed a skin. Chose my nations. Chose my club. And that was it. Starting to think that might be the part of the game I enjoy most these days. I could browse clubs for hours trying to decide between preferences on badges, kits, nicknames, stadium names etc.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
29-06-2016, 07:57 PM
Sounds like it will be a while before you pleasure us with a career update thread then JP!
29-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Yeah probably best not to hold your breath.
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
30-06-2016, 01:11 AM
JD doesnt need to pleasure us - after all, that's being a bit forward...

Currently managing: Kazincbarcika Sports Club, Hungarian Division I
30-06-2016, 10:11 AM
I have just put FM12 back on the PC after getting annoyed with FM16 and the issue I had with my last save. I feel FM 16 is just a little too much now.

I prefer the simplicity of FM12, the tutoring is miles better
30-06-2016, 10:49 AM
(30-06-2016, 10:11 AM)ashton430 Wrote: I have just put FM12 back on the PC after getting annoyed with FM16 and the issue I had with my last save. I feel FM 16 is just a little too much now.

I prefer the simplicity of FM12, the tutoring is miles better

That's a shame really, I haven't had that kind of save failure with FM16 and I have played over 700h.
01-07-2016, 11:45 AM
I did a JP as well. Fired it up again a week ago and really enjoying myself. In Brazzzzzil.
04-07-2016, 08:59 PM
Missed the Steam Sale, thought it finished today. Doh No doubt that the same offer shall be repeated before the summer is finished.
05-07-2016, 11:54 PM
FM16 currently available at Argos for £12.99 or from cdkeys for £10.00 (using their Facebook 'like' discount).
08-07-2016, 10:38 PM
Started three careers since 29/06 and have genuinely enjoyed creating them more than playing them. I can no longer read the match engine or understand tactics. The roles and instructions don't seem to do what I expect them to at even the most basic levels. I've just lost a match 4-0 where we conceded an own goal, a freak goal, a penalty and a goal from a cross. We didn't have a shot in the entire match. I know this isn't impossible but too many games seem to go this way and I can't put my finger on the 'why' it happens. We have possession, we move the ball forward and with purpose - retaining possession but not possession for the sake of it. And nothing comes of it.

I just don't get the tactics and ME at all anymore Sad
08-07-2016, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016, 10:47 PM by SackedLlaMa.)
I haven't been able to enjoy FM16 either and I have some of the same complaints as you. Sometimes we're winning more than we should, sometimes we're losing in weird ways, and at the end of the day I'm not able to figure out why. When did SI last introduce a new match engine? FM13? I'm wondering about going back to a previous edition and starting a new career but I kind of wanna avoid the current engine. Also going back to how training used to be with a lot more options etc would be preferable.

Edit: Or to ask a more useful question, what's the best engine in terms of realism, feedback to changes made etc?
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

08-07-2016, 11:10 PM
I think there's potentially so much to enjoy about FM16. I've just played another match and lost 4-2. Dominated it and played some nice football too. But I can't understand why we don't score. We have shots (11 in the match), a good number are on target (8) and a reasonable number of CCCs are created (3). We were better than our opponent in all these fields. Likewise possession (62%) and a number of other areas. If I could read the ME I think we would have won the match comfortably, as it is two defensive errors in the first 10 minutes (it happens) have cost us a point in a game we should have probably won.

After 7 matches we have scored 4 goals. Only one is from open play. We've conceded 14, almost all from open play or corners. My team and tactic aren't that bad I'm sure.
14-07-2016, 09:18 PM
Purchased FM16 from CD Keys for £11.99. Waiting for it to download. I wonder how long it will be before I am frustrated by it Mrgreen
15-07-2016, 05:28 AM
The downloading wait? 15 mins? Mrgreen
Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory since Football Manager on Commodore 64!

GNU Terry Pratchett
15-07-2016, 09:00 AM
Knowing how quickly Steve plays through, it will take him about 6 months before the frustration kicks in! Mrgreen
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

16-07-2016, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2016, 06:53 PM by aaron70.)
FM16 is the best version since 13 I think, though 13 has a better match engine IMHO.
22-07-2016, 04:54 PM
There was a new FM16 update on steam yesterday. Kind of an unusual date for an official update. Anyone know what it was? Couldn't find any patch notes on steam.
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

22-07-2016, 05:26 PM
Steam workshop and social media connection issues. Just that according to SI's official patch thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
22-07-2016, 09:11 PM
Just purchased FM16 so it must have been the bugger up Soulfusion's enjoyment patch!
23-07-2016, 06:03 AM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2016, 06:54 PM by aaron70.)
Best to wait for the sales these days Soul. I will not be buying a FM again until the 50% discount stage. I am enjoying FM16 as an overall game, but I do miss the 13.3 match engine. There are some things about 16 that feel unbalanced. I wish SI would sell seasonal transfer updates for older versions but I guess they worry that nobody would buy the new version Smile