FM17 - news and expectations
25-10-2016, 08:06 AM
Yeah, I got that too. TBH it's the only way I'll ever get that achievement.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
26-10-2016, 08:00 AM
What does everyone think of the social media page then?

Personally I only look at it after a game to see how the fans reacted to the result. Especially on mine and my mates online save, it's quite funny seeing his fans get pissed off at his poor form.
26-10-2016, 08:15 AM
It gets a bit repetitive, but it adds another level of realism I suppose.

So far I'm liking it a lot better than FM16 despite being really crap at it.
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
26-10-2016, 11:52 PM
I'm really liking the social media feed, think it's really good. May well get a bit repetitive as time goes by though. We shall see.
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

27-10-2016, 10:36 AM
Had a funny(ish) one last night. One of the fans took to social media to accuse one of my players of not being injured, just fancying a few days off!
27-10-2016, 10:45 AM
The social media feed sounds interesting and entertaining, but since it's basically pre-programmed commentaries I suspect it's one of those new features that are a lot of fun to begin with until they become boring and repetitive and you don't pay them any attention anymore. Kind of like the press conferences or job interviews. After a while it's just a click fest where I barely pay attention to the questions since I recognize all the answers anyway. So, I don't really care too much about those kinds of new features as they're being used every year by EA to divert attention away from everything that's broken in one of their sports games Mrgreen

Btw, how are job interviews and press conferences in this year's edition? I heard rumors of improvements but I trust you guys a lot more than other media.
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

28-10-2016, 01:19 PM
(27-10-2016, 10:36 AM)JP Wrote: Had a funny(ish) one last night. One of the fans took to social media to accuse one of my players of not being injured, just fancying a few days off!

Had something similar again.

Tweet1 - I had [injury] once, I know what [player] is going through.
Tweet2 - I think [player] is just being soft!
28-10-2016, 05:38 PM
*broken leg in two places* "RUN IT OFF YOU SOFT CUNT"
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
28-10-2016, 07:56 PM
Personally If I was Manager I would not get too concerned about social media; generally seems to be a bunch of trolls having a go at whichever player did not perform that particular match
29-10-2016, 02:08 AM
At least it's realistic...
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

31-10-2016, 11:58 AM
I guess I spoke to soon about the injuries. At the start of my third season I had about 6 players out on short term injury which was a nightmare!

Just started my fourth season on the new FM17, very enjoyable so far - look out for a new thread some time this week.
01-11-2016, 05:43 PM
From a review at godisageek.com

"Watching matches is the best it’s ever been, due to improvements to player AI; right from the first pre-season match I had, players were moving like they should, making smarter runs, playing smarter passes and shooting when there’s an opening. They are more intuitive this year and they listen to the tactics you set out for them at the start of the match, and any changes you make throughout the game will be implemented by them."

This sounds awesome and in the next paragraph he talks about a game he played where his mid-game instructions had an immediate impact. Of course, the latter can easily become too overpowered but I'm interested to hear your opinions on this. I'm really tempted to buy FM17 now...  Mrgreen

Btw, is cdkeys.com a reliable site? Cheapest price I've found for FM17.
Previous saves: 

01-11-2016, 09:36 PM
I've used cdkeys before with no issues.

01-11-2016, 11:14 PM
cdkeys is fine, I've used them a lot in the past.

So far the game is fine too. Tactics in particular do seem more responsive.
02-11-2016, 08:30 PM
By the way Ole, haven't noticed any differences in job interviews but media interaction is a bit better.

Unless you meant interviews in terms of the press.

03-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Ole, is the Norwegian league under going a restructure or is it just incredibly harsh at lower levels? My team is in the Second Division - Group 3 which is made up of 14 teams. At the end of the season only one will be promoted (understandably as this will equate to four teams overall - one from each group) but seven(!) will be relegated. That's insane.
03-11-2016, 12:39 AM
That is absolutely mental. Mrgreen

03-11-2016, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 08:25 AM by SackedLlaMa.)
(03-11-2016, 12:32 AM)JP Wrote: Ole, is the Norwegian league under going a restructure or is it just incredibly harsh at lower levels?  My team is in the Second Division - Group 3 which is made up of 14 teams.  At the end of the season only one will be promoted (understandably as this will equate to four teams overall - one from each group) but seven(!) will be relegated.  That's insane.

Yes, the FA are doing a whole restructure of the lower levels so the number of relegated teams in the 2nd div is insane in 2016 but will normalize in 2017. 

Here's a quick summary of how the league structure will look like in 2017 (since you, as a manager in the league, didn't get a memo! Bad SI, bad!);

Tier 1: Tippeligaen (Premiership) - no changes
Tier 2: OBOS-ligaen (1st Division) - Same number of teams, but only 2 teams (15th and 16th) are automatically relegated. Team in 14th enters a playoff (se below). Promotion stays the same. 
Tier 3: 2nd Division - reduced from 4 to 2 groups. Winners of each group are automatically promoted. #2 in each group enters a playoff with the 14th placed team in OBOS-ligaen. 
(Tier 4 and 5: 3rd division; number of groups reduced from 12 to 6 to increase the number of groups in the 4th division from 18 to 24.)

Please let me know if FM adds a 4th playable tier in 2017 due to the reduction in groups and teams on the third tier. I don't expect that to happen but it would be fun. We might wanna update the World Gazeteer as well. 

Oh, and good luck staying up this year Mrgreen

Edit: forgot to mention that because of this restructure, no teams are promoted from the 3rd division in 2016 (in case you're like me and like to wait a season to then take over a newly promoted team).
Previous saves: 

03-11-2016, 08:24 AM
Whisper it quietly but staying up doesn't look like being a problem.

They don't appear to have factored in the play off for the second placed teams in the groups of the Second Division, the rules only say that the winners are promoted and the bottom seven relegated.
03-11-2016, 08:27 AM
The structure I posted is how it will look in 2017, so the playoff for 2nd placed teams doesn't start until next season. Sorry if that wasn't clear. Also added an edit about 3rd division promotion (in that there are none in 2016)
Previous saves: