FM17 - news and expectations
03-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Sorry, my mistake.
[Image: jptykes.png]
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
03-11-2016, 07:35 PM
(03-11-2016, 08:24 AM)JP Wrote: Whisper it quietly but staying up doesn't look like being a problem.

Well you're fucked now. Mrgreen
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

[Image: Ln8uvbH.png]
03-11-2016, 07:39 PM
At least it's not as bad as the 3rd division where 9-10 of 14 teams are relegated Mrgreen
-------------------------------
Currently mismanaging: Newington Youth
Previous saves: 
The Quest for Working Undersoil Heating
What I Learned at the JD Academy

03-11-2016, 08:23 PM
So, that's FM17 bought then... Downloading as we speak. Couldn't even hold out until launch date.. Oh well. Will test out the Spanish B team system in my first save I think.

Any good logos and/or kits packs to recommend?
Previous saves: 

03-11-2016, 08:51 PM
Metallic logos from sortitoutsi are my favorites.
"Whattya saying? That you wanna be like me? Don't you understand that I just barely wanna be like me?"
03-11-2016, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2016, 09:26 PM by SackedLlaMa.)
(03-11-2016, 08:51 PM)JP Wrote: Metallic logos from sortitoutsi are my favorites.

Do you have to register to download?

Edit: Guess you do. And pay for a subscription if you hope to have all parts of the pack downloaded by christmas. Holy crap... (Not saying it's not worth it btw...)
Previous saves: 

03-11-2016, 11:45 PM
I kind of wish there was still an option to give a trial until the end of preseason.

I know that you can effectively do that by giving appropriate lengths of trials but still, it was something I liked.
(15-02-2018, 10:50 PM)Rodderas Wrote: Maybe this upset the team? Fucked if I know.

04-11-2016, 10:00 AM
(03-11-2016, 09:11 PM)SackedLlaMa Wrote:
(03-11-2016, 08:51 PM)JP Wrote: Metallic logos from sortitoutsi are my favorites.

Do you have to register to download?

Edit: Guess you do. And pay for a subscription if you hope to have all parts of the pack downloaded by christmas. Holy crap... (Not saying it's not worth it btw...)
Keep checking as around the release of the new versions they often put a torrent up that downloads fast.
04-11-2016, 10:06 AM
I bought my copy of FM from sortitoutsi, for a couple of quid more I bought premium membership. Meant downloading all their packs was a breeze and was done in a couple of minutes.
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

04-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I ended up buying a subscription. They do great work so spotting them £10 for a year's subscription isn't the end of the world.
Previous saves: 

06-11-2016, 11:57 PM
(03-11-2016, 07:40 AM)SackedLlaMa Wrote: Here's a quick summary of how the league structure will look like in 2017 (since you, as a manager in the league, didn't get a memo! Bad SI, bad!);

Tier 1: Tippeligaen (Premiership) - no changes
Tier 2: OBOS-ligaen (1st Division) - Same number of teams, but only 2 teams (15th and 16th) are automatically relegated. Team in 14th enters a playoff (se below). Promotion stays the same. 
Tier 3: 2nd Division - reduced from 4 to 2 groups. Winners of each group are automatically promoted. #2 in each group enters a playoff with the 14th placed team in OBOS-ligaen. 
(Tier 4 and 5: 3rd division; number of groups reduced from 12 to 6 to increase the number of groups in the 4th division from 18 to 24.)

So, from 2017 onwards Norway will look like this...

Tier 1: Tippeligaen (Premiership) - 16 teams, 2 teams (15th and 16th) are automatically relegated. Team in 14th enters a playoff.
Tier 2: OBOS-ligaen (1st Division) - 16 teams, 2 teams (15th and 16th) are automatically relegated. Team in 14th enters a playoff. Top 2 promoted, team in 3rd enters playoff.
Tier 3: 2nd Division - reduced from 4 to 2 groups. Winners of each group are automatically promoted. #2 in each group enters a playoff with the 14th placed team in OBOS-ligaen. Bottom 3 teams relegated.
No Tier 4 in game.

It seems (though I'm not sure) as though the two runners-up in Tier 3 play each other and then the winner faces the 14th placed side in Tier 2.  Single matches.
07-11-2016, 12:21 AM
Thanks for the info! Would've been fun with a 4th tier, but wasn't expecting that. How did you do btw? Did you survive the cut?
Previous saves: 

07-11-2016, 12:32 AM
Wait and see Whistle
07-11-2016, 01:36 PM
I'm not sure the Go on Holiday with Apply for managerial positions at Bottom Division Clubs works properly and it seems to be a problem with different continents as far as I can see (still testing). My manager is European and I have both South American and European clubs loaded. When I started the game, 1 job in Russia and 4 jobs in Brazil were available. I immediately went on holiday and applied to all bottom division clubs, but when I returned a few days later, I had applied for the Russian club, but none of the Brazilian ones.

As I said, still testing, but just wanted to give a heads up.
Previous saves: 

09-11-2016, 07:58 AM
Is it worth buying FM17? (or should I wait updates and sales?)

I got nice save going with Bromley FC... wanna continue that Smile

I want honest answers Tongue
09-11-2016, 08:22 AM
I love it. Genuinely. It feels like a return to FM13 or FM14 for me - the match engine plays a decent style of football, tactical changes make a difference and players whine and moan less (and are more reasonable when they do moan).

Downside? Skin is dull (though there are three to choose from), some of the new stuff is 'fluff' (the social media tab is funny but repetitive) and while I haven't seen it there have been some odd bug reports of goalkeepers literally giving goals away ( make a save, hold the ball until the area is clear of players, drop ball on floor as though to kick it, stand still while forward closes him down, takes the ball and scores).

I'm glad I bought it (while drunk) despite saying I wouldn't. If you're happy with the version you have I'd suggest waiting for a sale but it's definitely the best version for years imo.
09-11-2016, 10:02 AM
I'll echo what JP has said, it's gotten me back into the game as I never really played 16 or 15, I think 14 was the last version that I really played (even though I did buy 15 and 16), but I still struggled with that one iirc. Now I'm back to how I was years ago and can't wait each day for work to finish so I can get home to play it. Working 2.5 hours from home does hinder that slightly though!
WAWAW

[Image: signature.php?uid=14]

09-11-2016, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I struggled to get into 15 and 16. I had short spells of play but the games were to annoying for me to really get into. 17 has seen me play for a few hours at a time, to the point of forgetting the time and realising that I really should have gone to bed a good hour (or more) ago.
09-11-2016, 07:06 PM
I'm shite at it.

But then I suppose some things have to stay the same through each version. Mrgreen

09-11-2016, 10:45 PM
I also agree. I feel like this years instalment is a lot more challenging. In my current save I've just finished my fourth season where I faced an 'avoid relegation battle' throughout the whole season, just about staying up in our newly promoted league.